Hi I'm Calvert. I'm a 🎨 3D Senior Artist who works on 🎥 3D Films, 🎮 Games & 🔮 AR Face Filters. I also have a corgi 🐶 that makes appearances too!
I led creative from ideation to the final delivery of real-time mobile game ready 2D/3D content for real-time game ready mobile experiences, marketing collateral, ad campaigns and client/agency projects. We worked with the worlds largest music artists and a library of 500+
Clients included: Universal Music Group, NBCUniversal, Lionsgate, ViacomCBS, Balmain, Red, and many more.
Senior 3D Artist
- Led creative from ideation to final delivery of 2D/3D real-time game ready content for mobile experiences
- Storyboarded, assembled mood boards and concept art
- Created 2D animations and motion graphics using Adobe Photoshop, Animate, After Effects and Premiere
- Created 3D props, environments, and characters using Adobe Photoshop, Maya/Blender, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, and Substance Painter/Designer
- Rigged and Animated 3D scenes and characters
- Create custom shaders and materials for 3D content
- Built custom plugins for Maya/Blender utilizing Python to optimize and speed up production
- Developed Spark AR and Snapchat Lens Studio experiences for original content and client projects
- UV Unwrapping
- Color Grading
- Shader/Material Creation
- Created and facilitated a lean agile art production pipeline and workflow
- Led sprint planning, project timelines and our team meetings
- Created documentation of best practices and our PBR workflows
- Led multiple projects at once and reallocated resources to meet our timely deadlines
- Recruited, hired and mentored artist/s to help them grow in their respected roles
RAWRsoft was an indie studio led by Michael Calvert. I worked with game studios on their art projects and my own indie games. I've created hundreds of prototypes and published three commercial games.
Clients include: Playstation, Starbreeze Studios, Unity and Playcrafting
- Showcased indie games at Unity NY 2016/2017
- Showcased at PAX East 2018 by Playcrafting
- Showed at PlayNYC 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Dragged Away (PC, Mobile)
- Brains Taste Good (PC, Mobile)
- Meowximum Catpacity (PC)
Note: Games have been depreciated with the closing of RAWRsoft
I travelled around the world attending game conferences, speaking and developing relationships with key decision-makers to teach them how they could leverage their 3D assets using Sketchfab in their marketing and ad campaigns. I also helped build and maintain partnerships to expand our 3D Viewer API into platforms like Unity, Unreal Engine Marketplace, Adobe Substance Source, Valve Software Steam Marketplace, Discord, Substance Source and Blender.
Clients included: Unity, Epic Games, Apple, Valve Software, EA, Rovio, Playstation, Bethesda, Gearbox Software, Overkill Software, Studio Santa Monica, Discord, Relic and many more.
- Onboarded and managed relationships with over 200+ AAA and indie game studios
- Art Contest with Blizzard for the launch of World of Warcraft Legion
- Art Contest to launch Unity Connect with Will Wright (The Sims Creator)
- Integrations with Unity, Unreal Engine, Discord, and Valve Software Steam Workshop
I was tasked to create a strategy to grow, energize, and educate the worldwide community of MongoDB developers, DBAs and Database Operators for an upcoming IPO.
- Develop, measure and increase traffic to MongoDB.org by 500%
- Redesign MongoDB.org to be more modern.
- Create and manage a Slack of MongoDB users
- Support 100+ MongoDB User Group local community organizers from around the world with speakers, education, swag and community guidelines to hold successful meetups
- Increase our newsletter subscriptions by 1000%
- Partner with Education team to provide feedback directly from developer to improve education
- Partner with Evangelism team to help manage, attend and promote upcoming conferences and events
I started at Disqus as a founding employee and their first community manager. During my career I was one of the driving forces in cultivation of growth from 13k unique visitors to over 1.4+ billion it sees today, managing a community team of 6+ people that I handpicked and hired, scaled and created community processes to support company growth, drive awareness around product development, managing our communication channels and the point contact for their fortune 500 publishers and brands.
I also had my hand in a couple of major product releases such as their global crowd-sourced translation system making Disqus available in 50+ languages, and our mobile offerings.
I created various sprites, backgrounds, 2D animation, sound effects, and original game music. All factors were used with our projects ZapEm, Zodtris and an unreleased 2D shooter called "Alien Savant".